Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tumbleweed Tank

I plan on running the All's Quiet on the Ruritanian Front game at Historicon. I decided to give the Americans a little more support. I've always liked the interwar concept Tumbleweed or Ball Tank:


RAFM just produced a version of the Tumbleweed Tank


Unfortunately, it's only in 15mm and I game exclusively in 28mm. So I decided to build my own. Here's my attempt:





It's made out of a toilet bowl float (never used!) and a couple of dome-shaped tops from Bionicle containers. The machine guns and tank gun are from old plastic toys and attached bits of sprue as the dirt-grippers. My son did the markings free-hand.

2 comments:

pancerni said...

Very nice. I did not recognize it as a float until I read your commnet. Looks cool, and the 'never used' remark remincded me of the 'Sword and the Flame ' use of "clean" kitty litter to delineate table top features.

J Womack, Esq. said...

I suppose if that's the best you can do... then you're a good deal better than I am.